June 23rd – 27th Hands-on adventures with frogs, salamanders, lizards, snakes and more. Explore local reptile and amphibian adaptations from wiggling tadpoles to invasive turtles. Thursday Field Trip: Peavy Arboretum
Monday – Amazing Amphibians and Metamorphosis
- Learn a frog’s life cycle through metamorphosis and discover adaptations by hands-on observation of frogs and newts and searching for salamanders.
Tuesday – Comparing Amphibians and Salamanders
- From the prehistoric to the predators and prey of today; anatomy and adaptation comparisons, fossil rubbings, and herp habitats.
Wednesday – Reptile Wonders and Hands on with Snakes
- Snake camouflage, make slithering wooden snakes, reptile match and run races, and of course – Interact with our resident snakes!
Thursday – Field Trip Day! Destination: Peavy Arboretum
- Frog, salamander and snake searches will fill our day as we explore the Arboretum.
Friday – Human Impacts: Amphibians as indicator species
- Slithery-slimy art project, puppet show, Bully Frog game of competing species, Native species run, Pollution pond game and more!
All camps cover ages 5-12 unless age restrictions are stated. Campers are divided into age appropriate groups within camps. Note some camps meet at different locations on some days and all camps have field trips on Thursday. The field trips are great fun!