The mission of Corvallis Environmental Center (CEC) is to educate, engage, and inspire people to get involved in creating a healthy, sustainable community. The CEC began in 1994 as a grassroots effort to take action on environmental issues, and today reaches over 15,000 people with programs and services in the areas of environmental science education, local food security, and energy and climate action.
The Outreach Coordinator will help create a healthy, sustainable organization through engagement with the Corvallis community. The Coordinator is a central member of the operations and development team and supports all CEC communication efforts. The Coordinator is responsible for marketing, advertising, and community engagement to support the work of the CEC’s programs. This role offers creative direction to staff and oversees projects. A successful candidate will be passionate about CEC’s mission, enjoy putting on events, a self-starter, highly organized, and have a flexible and adaptive approach.
- Outreach: Represent the CEC at community events, tabling opportunities, and speaking engagements. Serve as a main point of contact for visitors and phone and email inquiries.
- Marketing: Produce materials and oversee publicity for programs and events including posters, web listings, calendar submissions, and window displays.
- Media communication: Issue press releases, arrange interviews, and manage media contacts.
- Online communication: Manage the CEC website, social media accounts, and e-newsletter. Develop content for online communications.
- Graphic design: Design outreach materials (e.g., e-newsletter, posters, program brochures, website pages, annual reports, ask letters).
- Internship management: Promote volunteer and intern opportunities at the CEC. Recruit and manage Outreach and Events Interns.
- Event Coordination: Manage our annual EarthBall fundraiser. Assist in development and coordination of events.
- Development: Assist with donor database maintenance, help maintain donor relationships, and assist in the execution of the fundraising plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An appreciation of the Corvallis Environmental Center mission and programs
- At least one year experience in a similar position
- Ability to think creatively and critically
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- A self-starter; able to take initiative and be self-directed
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience planning events
- Graphic design experience
- Experience using WordPress, Salesforce, VerticalResponse, Wufoo, and Google Drive preferred but not required.
This is a .8FTE position, with the ability to expand. Salary is DOE, $23,300-$28,300. Occasional work on evenings and weekends is required. The position is open until filled. The Corvallis Environmental Center recruits and hires team members by following all EEOC policies and practices.