Job Description (PT)
Instructor during Natureplay Preschool classes
- Lead preschool class
- Skilled at leading nature themed circle lessons, art, or outside activities
- Preps snack and lunch for students
- Cleans kitchen and classroom after programs as needed
- Organizes and puts away art and instruction materials
- Cleans up toys, bathroom, dishes etc
- Communicates positive words, clearly, quietly and calmly to students
- Is fun with a creative imagination and ability to create songs and stories
Instructor during Summer Camps and NEWT educational programs
- Can perform all tasks listed above
- Communicates ideas and jobs clearly to interns and volunteers
- Understands and follows written curriculum
- Keeps a consistent schedule with students
- Encourages the student’s investigation and problem solving efforts outdoors
- Trained naturalist skills.
Instructor during field trip programs (ages 5 – 15)
- Leads field trips with school groups
Weekend work required
- Run Nature birthdays parties
- Care for education animals
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office, Publisher, Facebook and WordPress
- Spanish language skills
- Understanding of local Ecology
It is your job to know about Nature please read up on topics as needed for classes.
First aid and CPR is training required.
Must pass a full background check.
Hours 25 – 40 hrs
Salary position starting around $30,000 depending on experience. The Corvallis Environmental Center recruites and hires team members by following all EEOC policies and practices.
Fill out my online form.