- This event has passed.
Birding By Ear
May 19, 2018 , 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Birding by Ear will take your birding ability to the next level, especially in forested areas where birds are difficult to see. During the classroom sessions, we don’t try to memorize lists of bird sounds, instead we learn methods to help remember bird sounds, and get a basic understanding of the ways in which birds use sound to communicate.
Classroom sessions will be fun and interesting, featuring lots of videos and sound clips. Field trips are all in the Corvallis-Albany area and include listening exercises as well as many opportunities to practice the techniques learned in class. You’ll be amazed by how many birds you’ll find by just listening!
All classes are held at Avery House Nature Center (1200 SW Avery Dr.)
Field Trip Locations TBD
- Wednesday, May 16 – Class session: 7pm – 9pm
- Saturday, May 19 – Field trip: Wetland birds – 9am – noon
- Wednesday, May 23, Class session: 7pm – 9pm
- Saturday, May 26 – Field trip: Open country birds: 9am – noon
- Wednesday, May 30 – Class session: 7pm – 9pm
- Saturday, June 2 – Field trip: Forest birds – 9am – noon