At our Starker Arts Garden for Education, kids learn to plant, tend and harvest food. Over 1,000 students will visit SAGE this year and learn to connect the food in the garden to the food on their plates. SAGE Farm Field Trip Educators help make this happen! If you like working with children and you believe all kids should know where food comes from, consider joining our team of SAGE Field Trip Educators and help teach the groups of K-3rd grade students who will visit SAGE this spring.
SAGE Field Trip Educators:
- Commit to volunteer at SAGE 1 day per week (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday) from 8:30-12:15- every week from May-mid June. (NOTE: Must be available each week, but actual time commitment will be less, depending on when Field Trips are scheduled)
- Attend a SAGE Volunteer Educator Training in April (date TBD). All trainings are from 9:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.
SAGE Field Trip Educators get:
- Experience working with children in an outdoor setting as you lead small groups of students through SAGE garden activity stations.
- Training in garden-based activities and managing kids in an outdoor setting.
- A key role in the Corvallis Farm to School effort!
To join our team- apply HERE!
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org