Job Description (PT)
The Administrative Assistant (AA) will report directly to the Assistant Director. Duties as assigned will require that the AA takes initiative to learn the details of all Avery House Nature Center’s (AHNC) programs. The incumbent’s principle responsibility will be to carry out programmatic administrative support. The AA must have open and positive communication skills, the ability to work with all members of the educational staff and serve as a professional representative of AHNC and the CEC. AA will be 0.625 FTE at 25 Hrs/Wk. Compensation $10-12/Hr DOE and includes holidays.
- Work with database systems to manage program participant registrations and reports;
- Track payments, balances, and manage invoices;
- Field programmatic phone calls and emails in a timely and professional manner;
- Manage Avery House program website updates and marketing;
- Program scheduling and coordination;
- Use of social media for programmatic promotion and outreach;
- Track and report program scholarships awards.
- AAs in Accounting, Management, Office Administration, related field OR
- 2 years of experience in an office setting answering phone calls, emails, communicating with and meeting the needs of diverse populations;
- Fluency in Google Drive; Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.;
- Experience managing a budget or financial reporting;
- Experience managing a database or management information system;
- Experience creating invoices and recording/processing payments;
- Experience with marketing, outreach and/or maintaining a professional organization’s social media presence;
- Ability to pass a full background check and obtain 1st Aid/CPR certification.
- Financial reporting to a Board of Directors or stakeholders
- Event planning and public outreach
- Spanish language