About the Corvallis Environmental Center:
Founded in 1994, the mission of the CEC is to educate, engage and inspire people to get involved in creating a healthy, sustainable community. Every year we reach more than 10,000 people through the programs and outreach activities of our current core program areas:
At Avery House Nature Center we use science-based inquiry to help children and adults connect with nature and learn about our local ecosystems.
ENERGY CONSERVATION & CLIMATE ACTION
Energize Corvallis is dedicated to helping Corvallis become one of the most energy efficient communities in the nation through residential energy efficiency programs like Communities Take Charge, Energizers, and Clean Energy Works Oregon. It is also a participating in the Georgetown University Energy Prize competition.
LOCAL FOOD SECURITY AND FOOD & FARMING EDUCATION
Our Edible Corvallis Initiative educates the public about gardening, food, and food issues–offering programs and classes at the Starker Arts Garden for Education, growing fresh produce to local food banks and soup kitchens, operating the Corvallis Farm to School program, and coordinating Dunawi Creek community garden.
About the CEC’s Board of Directors:
Board Members commit to serve a renewable two-year term.
The Board meets monthly, typically the last Monday of the month from 6:30pm-8:00pm.
The members of CEC’s Board of Directors commit to:
- Attend a new board member orientation
- Serve a renewable two-year term.
- Meet monthly, typically the last Monday of the month from 6:30pm-8:30pm.
- Attend and participate in a minimum of 10 Board meetings per year.
- Participate in one or more Board Committees.
- Attend 2 strategic planning days: (dates TBD)
- Become familiar with and promote the CEC’s programs to the community.
- Volunteer at a minimum of one program or organizational event per year.
- Make an annual financial donation to the CEC and/or one of its programs in accordance with one’s ability.
Stay Posted for Upcoming Application Opportunities! Any questions may be sent to Liz@corvallisenvironmentalcenter.org