Please read each of these rules carefully–you will be asked to sign an agreement and to abide by them. Please note that failure to abide by the community garden rules will result in revocation of your space without notice or refund.
- CorvallisParks and Recreation, Corvallis Environmental Center, and all project volunteers shall be held free from any liability for any personal injuries or damage to property resulting from your participation in the Community Garden.
- No animals allowed.
- No weeds going to seed.
- Stay within your boundaries of your plot, as established at the beginning of the season.
- Don’t shade or water anyone else’s area.
- Keep your space neat and clean and remove trash from site.
- Turn off the water and put hoses back when finished.
- Share your gardening toys, wisdom, seeds, extras, etc.
- Compost bins are for compost only.
- 400 sq. ft. maximum plot per household for perennial plots (option to increase to 600 after June 1 if no waiting list)
- 200 sq. ft. maximum plot per household for annual plots (option to increase to 400 after June 1 if no waiting list)
- You must be the primary gardener in your garden; if you are not working your own plot 80% of the time, please surrender it so we can give it to someone on the waiting list. Please do not ask someone who already has a plot to take it over or work it for you.
- Park in the gravel parking lot. The gravel road should only be used to load and unload (5 minutes max)
- No garden plot refunds will be given after May 31st
- You are required to pay a $25 deposit each year. Deposits are refundable after providing 6 hours of labor for the Community Garden and cleaning your site by the date determined. Deposits must be requested before November 30th. Checks for approved deposits refund requests will be processed on or by Dec 31st.
- This is not a market garden: Please do not sell anything you grow at the Community Garden.
- If this is your first season working in the Community Garden you must take an ‘Intro to Community Gardens/Composting’ with the Garden Manager.
THIS IS AN ORGANIC GARDEN please:
- No treated lumber
- No chemical slug bait
- Organic fertilizer and organic pest control only
- Grow sustainably: Use cover crops over winter, mulch to conserve soil moisture, rotate crops yearly, etc.
*****If you have questions about what is “organic,” please check out www.omri.org*****